Daniel James

Daniel James

Thursday 12 September 2013

Cardiff Half Marathon and Calon Lan Centre


I am running in the Cardiff Half Marathon on Sunday October 6.  This is not something I have done on a whim and have been training for it!!!  I am very much looking forward to the event and last look at the Cardiff Half Marathon website said there were over 17,000 people taking part - so I will not be lonely!

As part of my efforts I am raising some funds for the Calon Lan Centre at Mynyddbach Chapel.  As you know this is where Daniel James is buried and is a significant location for the Daniel James Project.

The Friends of Mynyddbach are working very hard establishing the Calon Lan Centre which is now being used by local community groups on a regular basis.  However there is still a significant amount of work that needs to be done in refurbishment of the building and clearance of the overgrown cemetry. 

If you would like to sponsor me for my efforts in Cardiff we would be delighted and very happy to receive your donations.  All funds raised will go directly to the Calon Lan Centre.  There are a couple of ways to donate: 
  • via the donation button on this blog (a big thankyou to Sean Morgan for sorting this out for me)
  •  Send your donation directly to Mrs. Geinor Tremewan, Treasurer Friends of Mynyddbach Chapel, C/o Mynyddbach Chapel House, Mynyddbach, Swansea SA5 7HT Cheques should be made payable to Friends of Mynyddbach Chapel

Your support is much appreciated and I will post some more flattering pictures in the next couple of weeks!






 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment